Philippe Castagnac Honorary Chairman
- 1988Partner at Mazars
- 2006Group Executive Board Member
- 2011Group Chairman and CEO
- 2019Honorary Chairman
Graduate of NEOMA / Rouen Business School, Philippe Castagnac is a chartered accountant and a statutory auditor. He built his entire career at Mazars and serving the profession.
Career at Mazars
Philippe Castagnac has held several leadership roles early within Mazars, including Managing Partner of the Mazars office in Strasbourg from 1988 to 1998, Deputy CEO and then CEO and Chairman of Mazars in France from 2003 until 2012.
At Group level, Philippe became member of the Group Executive Board and co-CEO of the Group in 2006. From 2011 to 2016, he served as CEO as well as Chairman of the Group. In 2017, Philippe was re-elected Chairman of Mazars’ Group Executive Board.
Clients and expertise
Philippe Castagnac has gained vast international experience in audit and advisory, and has served global listed companies in several industries and services.
Philippe Castagnac has been actively serving on several institutional regional and national bodies of the profession since 1992. In particular, he chaired the commission in charge of reforming the operational functioning of the profession in France from 2004 to 2005.
In 2017, Philippe was named President of the Financial Markets Department of the French National Body of Statutory Auditors. He had been its Vice-President since January 2015.
Knight of the Legion of Honour.
Want to know more?
Pages associated to Philippe Castagnac
- The modern firm: discerning, knowledge-intensive, agile, sustainable
- 2013/2014 Group Annual Report: “Breaking New Ground” – Welcome to the 10th edition of the Mazars Group Annual Report
- Creating Shared Value : Mazars Group publishes its 2014-2015 Annual Report
- Mazars announces annual growth of 15.9% together with a strategic merger in China